Saturday, October 31, 2015

Artwork #2




This piece was created with pencil, pen, and colored pastel, on paper (roughly 17x11). The viewer will notice the conceptual table design, and how it may look in a certain space. The viewer may also get a better understanding of how I wish the table to look simply due to it being drawn in perspective. I also tried making the table seem up close, and the walls back several feet.

This piece is specifically aimed at helping viewers visualize my ideas for the design of this table. To me, this piece is mainly a step forward, and a step closer to having a final design and actually creating this table. I think others would agree on the design of the table as well as how it was presented to them in perspective. As many from the Wellington art community are aware, this piece does in fact tell a story that continues to be told. So far, some of the key points on which this story touches, is the ability to grow people’s minds through bring ing design awareness into our community. It represents not only the design of a great table, but the people and great ideas needed to make it possible.

From my understanding based on others’ opinions, and my own, this piece shows understanding of color, shading, perspective, and overall design as well as clean/crisp lines. I believe that there is room for improvement regarding certain aspects of my perspective, such as scale and depth. There really is only one thing that I might have, and still may do differently which is to fade out or just completely color in the large white portion at the bottom of the page. I am mostly thinking about coloring it all in, and therefore making it part of the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment